The Morris Museum Astronomical Society (MMAS) was formed over 30 years ago to provide a resource for those in the Northern New Jersey area who have an interest in astronomy.
The society meets for programs on various topics in astronomy at the Morris Museum on the second Thursday of the month from September through June at 7:00PM.
The MMAS also hosts and participates in:
- Regular observing sessions throughout the year. See our Google calendar.
- Various science related programming at the Morris Museum such as National Chemistry week, Moonwalk at 50 celebration and more.
Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day
Astronomy Society Activities
Saturday, April 4, 2020, 11:00AM – 9:00PM
This program has been cancelled.
The Morris Museum, a Smithsonian Affiliate, is pleased to participate in Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day, which brings together museums, zoos and cultural centers from all 50 states to offer free admission to all ticket holders. This year, Museum Day will celebrate EARTH OPTIMISM!
The Morris Museum Astronomy Society will be on hand at the Museum with activities focusing on earth’s unique place in the universe. Activities are FREE with Museum Admission.
Museum Day registration will open on February 27, 2020.
Listen to a guest speaker
- In Search of New Earths, 12:00PM
- Voyage Through the Universe, 2:00PM
Learn about Earth and Space – Drop-In activities, 11:00AM-3:00PM
- Space-themed activities for children in BASF’s Kids’ Lab
Other Activities, 11:00AM – 4:00PM
- Discover the moon through telescope and 3D posters
- Get your telescope questions answered
- Learn about Meteorites and view some from the MM Collection
- Solar observing (Weather permitting) 11:00AM – 4:00PM
Night viewing, 7:00PM – 9:00PM
- Weather permitting