Looking for a way to get more involved with the Morris Museum? Membership is the answer!
Membership enables us to create blockbuster exhibitions, groundbreaking programming in the Bickford Theatre, and engaging education programs!
Membership Appreciation Month
Member Appreciation Month is coming in April! Get ready for a month of special events just for Members!
- Thursday, April 2, 6:00PM–9:00PM Member Preview and Opening Reception Dissonance- Art / Craft / Design / Performance / New Media, the 2020 “New Jersey Arts Annual” (Friday, April 3, 2020–Sunday, September 6, 2020). RSVP now!
- Monday, April 6, 1:00PM 20 Year Member Tea, Reminisce about the Morris Museum and celebrate its future. For members who have been a part of our community for 20+ years.
- Friday, April 10, 10:00AM Members-only Tot Tour. RSVP now!
- Friday, April 10, 9:00PM–10:00PM Member Reception and Toast with the cast and crew of Live Arts’ Inflatable Space. Following the 8:00PM performance, join us in celebrating the creative minds behind this “out-of-this-world” performance. Tickets are $35 for members. Get tickets. RSVP for the reception and toast now!
- Thursday, April 16, 10:00AM Tour with artist Mel Leipzig of Everyday People: Mel Leipzig’s Figurative Realism (through Sunday, April 19, 2020). RSVP now!
- Saturday, April 18, 10:00AM–4:00PM Dino Family Fun Day. Travel back in time to the land of dinosaurs. Members get early access from 10:00AM–11:00AM!
- Sunday, April 19, 11:00AM–12:00PM Annual presentation of “Inside the Bickford Theatre.” This year’s conversation features Brett Wellman Messenger, Curatorial Director of Live Arts. RSVP now!
- Monday, April 13 (9:30AM) and Thursday, April 23 (6:00PM) Learn about leaving a legacy gift at the Morris Museum as our own Registrar and Collections Manager Gillian Suss discusses the depth of our collection.
Member Benefits include:
- Free admission all year round (including Family Fun Days)
- Special discounts on Bickford Theatre tickets and in the Museum Shop
- Discounts at local businesses through our Neighborhood Partners Program
- Invitations to exclusive events like Member Previews and Receptions and curator tours
- Insider updates
And much more!
New Benefit: Smithsonian Affiliate Membership!
We are excited to offer you “Two-Memberships In-One,”* allowing you to become a member of the Smithsonian as well as the Morris Museum! Smithsonian Affiliate Membership includes:
- Smithsonian magazine (one year subscription)
- A personalized Smithsonian Affiliate co-branded membership card
- Free admission to the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in New York City
- 10% discount on café dining at Smithsonian Museums in Washington D.C.
- 10% discount on all Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- 10% discount on all IMAX tickets at the Smithsonian
- Additional rotating benefits can be found here (www.smithsonianmag.com/member-services)
Members at the Friend ($175) level and above receive these benefits for FREE annually! Upgrade today, or opt in for free for one year when you renew your membership at any level.
Offered for current members beginning January 1, 2020 as you approach renewal. Please note it can take 6-8 weeks before you receive your first magazine.
*This wonderful opportunity is made possible by generous support from Dillard and Adrienne Kirby.
If you renew your membership or join at the Front Desk, you will receive a special one-time use 20% off coupon for the Museum Shop!
If purchasing a gift membership for a family member or loved one, please call 973.971.3721. We’ll send a small packet to you, the purchaser, with their membership cards and other museum materials so they’ll see the great benefits they’re receiving!
For more information about Membership:
SENIORS (65+ years old), STUDENTS (with valid ID) and TEACHERS (with valid ID) $45
- Free admission for one year
- One discounted Bickford Theatre ticket per performance of up to 20% off
- 10% discount on Studio Art classes
- 10% off all purchase in the Museum Shop (20% during Member Appreciation Month)
- Up to 30% off at select local businesses through our Neighborhood Partners program*
- Skip the line on Family Fun Days with special member check-in
- Invitations to Member Previews and Receptions
- Insider updates on exhibitions, programs, events, and performances
- Personalized membership card
All benefits of Individual level, plus:
- Free admission for two adults
- One additional discounted Bickford Theatre ticket per performance (2 total)
- Two personalized membership cards
FAMILY | GRANDFAMILY $75*
All benefits of Dual level, plus:
- Free admission for up to three children (under 18)
- Up to five discounted tickets for Children’s Theatre performances
- Free admission and priority access to Tot Tours
*The FAMILY | GRANDFAMILY+ level is available for $90 for two adults and up to five children, and allows up to seven discounted Children’s Theatre tickets, (100% tax-deductible)
All benefits of Family/Grandfamily level, plus:
- Complimentary Smithsonian Affiliate Membership
- Invitation to one annual curator-led tour
- Reciprocal admission to 1,000+ museums through the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM)
- Two one-time use guest passes for Museum admission
- Two complimentary passes for one Tea and Talk lecture
- Two additional discounted Bickford Theatre tickets per performance (4 total)
($256 IS TAX-DEDUCTIBLE)
All benefits of Friend level, plus:
- Invitations to two curator led tours
- Two additional one-time use guest passes (4 total)
- Two complimentary tickets to one performance at the Bickford Theatre
($477 IS TAX-DEDUCTIBLE)
All benefits of Partner level, plus:
- Special gift annually
- Invitations to all annual curator-led tours
- Two additional one-time use guest passes (6 total)
- Two additional complimentary tickets to one performance at the Bickford Theatre (4 total)
($763 IS TAX-DEDUCTIBLE)
All benefits of Advocate level, plus:
- Unlimited guest passes for admission
- Two additional complimentary tickets to one performance at the Bickford Theatre (6 total)
- One complimentary Family/Grandfamily membership to give as a gift your first year
To engage at a leadership level, and learn about our Director’s Circle, please contact Mira Prives, Director of Development at 973.971.3705 or [email protected].
Neighborhood Partners Program
Through this program, Museum Members get sweet discount in Morristown, NJ and beyond!
- 20% off your check at the Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar
- 20% off your check at the Cosy Cupboard Tea Room
- 10% off $35 or more at Enjou Chocolate
- 10% off your check at Friendly’s (Madison Avenue)
- 15% off your project at Glassworks Studio
- 15% to 30% off your first service at Suzi’s Salon, Spa, and Wellness
- 20% off your check at Mangia Italian Eatery and Restaurant in Florham Park
Simply show your Membership card and ID to take advantage of these great discounts!
Image credit: Exhibition opening of The Boomer List: Photographs by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders. Photograph by Julia Gehringer.