Plan Your Visit
Masks are required for Morris Museum visitors beginning Wednesday, August, 11, 2021.
Admission may be purchased in advance (here online or by calling 973.971.3700) or in person at the door (credit card only). Tickets are valid any time during opening hours for the specified date on the ticket. Tickets are not valid for other dates. If purchasing in advance, please reserve tickets for all visitors, including children under 3.
Before arrival -- especially if requesting a disability accommodation -- please review the visitor guidelines below.
|Wednesday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Thursday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Friday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Saturday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Sunday||11:00AM - 5:00PM
|We are open to Museum Members only on the first Tuesday of every month from 11:00AM - 2:00PM.|
|The Museum is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.|
|Students under 25 with ID||$8|
|Children 3 - 17 years old||$8|
|Children under 3 years old||FREE|
|Bank of America | Merrill Lynch cardholders*||FREE 1st full weekend every month|
|Active Military Personnel and 5 family members||FREE|
|*The Morris Museum is a proud participant in Bank of America's "Museums on Us" program. BoA cardholders, upon presentation of card, are entitled to one free general admission. Further information, visit museums.bankofamerica.com|
- We ask that you delay your visit or do not come to the museum if you have had unprotected exposure to someone with Covid-19, are currently ill, or showing signs of Covid-19* such as:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- *This is not a comprehensive list; please review CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- All visitors will be asked to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth (please be prepared to bring your own). Physical Distancing must be observed as you enter, as you approach the Admission Desk, and throughout your visit.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry.
- Some galleries may be marked with flow patterns. Galleries, elevators, Museum Shop and restrooms will have signs indicating capacity limits. Please observe all guidelines.
- The Natural Science Resource Room will remain closed at this time.
- Water fountains will be closed.
Bickford Theatre Guidelines
- All patrons 12 years and older must provide proof of vaccination and corresponding ID. Masks required for all patrons over two years old.
The Morris Museum is taking the following proactive steps, in response to the COVID-19 crisis, to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, while following all pertinent government recommendations and regulations:
- Museum capacity is strictly monitored. Although timed reservations are no longer required, arriving guests may occasionally be asked to wait briefly until capacity limits allow admittance.
- Plexiglass screens at the front desk and gift shop serve as an additional barrier between staff and visitors.
- Face masks required for all staff members and visitors who are not vaccinated.
- Six-foot physical distancing required of all patrons and staff.
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the Museum.
- Increased frequency and intensity of cleaning, especially frequently touched objects, surfaces, and high traffic areas.
- Interactive exhibit components, which could not be modified for contactless use, will be turned off or made inaccessible.
- All staff members have gone through required training to ensure the health of both staff and visitors.
- Guidelines from the CDC are regularly monitored and protocols are adjusted as needed.
6 Normandy Heights Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
Parking is free!
From NYC Penn Station via Morris & Essex Train Line (about 1 hour)
Check the current train schedule on www.njtransit.com. Get off at the Morristown train station, which is two miles from the museum. Taking a car service from the train station is recommended (about ten minutes).
From the Lincoln Tunnel
Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to exit 14 to Route 78 West and exit onto Route 24 West. Proceed as directed above from Route 24.
From the Holland Tunnel
Stay to the right and follow signs to the Turnpike. Take exit 14 to Route 78 West, exit at Route 24 West. Proceed as directed above from Route 24.
From 287 South (coming from the North)
Take exit 35. Turn left at the top of the ramp onto 124 East (Madison Avenue). Turn left at the third traffic light (by Friendly's Restaurant) onto Normandy Heights Road. Proceed through the next light at Columbia Turnpike. The entrance to the Morris Museum is the first driveway on your left.
From 287 North (coming from the South)
Take exit 36A. Turn right at the top of the ramp onto Morris Avenue. Stay to your right at the fork in the road and follow signs for Route 510 (Morris Avenue turns into Columbia Turnpike). Make a left at the first traffic light onto Normandy Heights Road. The Morris Museum will be on your immediate left. (Note: Normandy is exactly one mile from exit 36A)
From Route 24 West & Route 78
Take Route 24 West to Exit 2A onto Columbia Turnpike toward Morristown. At the fourth traffic light make a right onto Normandy Heights Road. The entrance to the Museum is the first driveway on the left.
Driving directions from the Morristown train station
Leave the train station parking lot by making a left onto Morris Avenue. At the fork, bear right onto Columbia Turnpike and make a left at the first light onto Normandy Heights Road. The Morris Museum is the first building on the left.