Hours, Admissions, and Directions
Admission is by timed reservation only, made online or by phone (973.971.3700), to manage capacity and minimize contact at the entrance. Payment is by credit-card only. All sales are final.
Morris Museum admission times are every 15 minutes with a limit of 10 per time slot.
Tickets are only valid for date and time specified. If you arrive earlier than your scheduled time, we ask that you wait in your car. Early or late arrivals may not be accommodated.
|Tuesday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Wednesday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Thursday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Friday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Saturday||11:00AM - 5:00PM|
|Sunday||12:00PM - 5:00PM|
|The Museum is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.|
|Children 3 - 18 years old||$8|
|Children under 3 years old||FREE|
|Bank of America | Merrill Lynch cardholders*||FREE 1st full weekend every month|
|Noyes Museum Members in Oceanville, NJ||FREE|
|Active Military Personnel and 5 family members||FREE|
|*The Morris Museum is a proud participant in the Bank of America Museums on Us program. During the first full weekend of every month, each Bank of America card holder is entitled to one free general admission to the Museum. You must call in advance (973.971.3700) and present your BoA card upon arrival. For further information, visit museums.bankofamerica.com|
- We ask that you delay your visit or do not come to the museum if you have had unprotected exposure to someone with Covid-19, are currently ill, or showing signs of Covid-19* such as:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- *This is not a comprehensive list; please review CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- All visitors two years of age and older will be required to wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth (please be prepared to bring your own). Physical Distancing must be observed as you enter, as you approach the Admission Desk, and throughout your visit.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry.
- Please show your ticket or confirmation (either printed or on your phone) to the Visitor Services Associate.
- Some galleries may be marked with flow patterns. Galleries, elevators, Museum Shop and restrooms will have signs indicating capacity limits. Please observe all guidelines.
- The Natural Science Resource Room will remain closed at this time.
- Water fountains will be closed.
The Morris Museum is taking the following proactive steps, in response to the COVID-19 crisis, to ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff, while following all pertinent government recommendations and regulations:
- Admission by timed reservation only, made online or by phone (973.971.3706), to manage capacity and minimize contact at the entrance. Payment is by credit-card only.
- Plexiglass screens at the front desk and gift shop serve as an additional barrier between staff and visitors.
- Face masks required for all staff members and visitors over the age of 2.
- Six-foot physical distancing required of all patrons and staff.
- Hand sanitizing stations located throughout the Museum.
- Increased frequency and intensity of cleaning, especially frequently touched objects, surfaces, and high traffic areas.
- Interactive exhibit components, which could not be modified for contactless use, will be turned off or made inaccessible.
- All staff members have gone through required training to ensure the health of both staff and visitors.
- Guidelines from the CDC are regularly monitored and protocols are adjusted as needed.
6 Normandy Heights Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
Parking is free!
From 287 South (coming from the North)
Take exit 35. Turn left at the top of the ramp onto 124 East (Madison Avenue). Turn left at the third traffic light (by Friendly's Restaurant) onto Normandy Heights Road. Proceed through the next light at Columbia Turnpike. The entrance to the Morris Museum is the first driveway on your left.
From 287 North (coming from the South)
Take exit 36A. Turn right at the top of the ramp onto Morris Avenue. Stay to your right at the fork in the road and follow signs for Route 510 (Morris Avenue turns into Columbia Turnpike). Make a left at the first traffic light onto Normandy Heights Road. The Morris Museum will be on your immediate left. (Note: Normandy is exactly one mile from exit 36A)
From Route 24 West & Route 78
Take Route 24 West to Exit 2A onto Columbia Turnpike toward Morristown. At the fourth traffic light make a right onto Normandy Heights Road. The entrance to the Museum is the first driveway on the left.
From the Lincoln Tunnel
Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to exit 14 to Route 78 West and exit onto Route 24 West. Proceed as directed above from Route 24.
From the Holland Tunnel
Stay to the right and follow signs to the Turnpike. Take exit 14 to Route 78 West, exit at Route 24 West. Proceed as directed above from Route 24.
From New York City via train
Check the current train schedule on www.njtransit.com. Get off at the Morristown train station, which is two miles from the museum. Taking a cab from the train station is recommended. Some local cab companies include P&P Taxi Service (973.539.5903 or 973.539.1149) or Bumblebee Taxi and Limo (973.683.1313).
Driving directions from the Morristown train station
Leave the train station parking lot by making a left onto Morris Avenue. At the fork, bear right onto Columbia Turnpike and make a left at the first light onto Normandy Heights Road. The Morris Museum is the first building on the left.