The Morris Museum offers studio art programs for all to enjoy!
- Year-round classes for children, teens, and adults
- New classes offered every season in a variety of mediums
- All levels welcome
- Receive a 10% discount classes when you become a Member
- Learn a new skill or further develop your craft
- Meet new people who share your love for art
- Week-long summer camps for children and teens
- Experience new techniques from professional teaching artists
- Create take-home pieces each week
- Participate in student exhibitions throughout the Museum
We want to hear from YOU! Filling out our brief online survey allows us the opportunity to learn more about your interest in studio art and the types of classes you want to see more of!
Download our Fall 2018 Brochure
STUDIO ART DEPARTMENT POLICIES
- Current course offerings can be found in print form at the Morris Museum’s front desk and online at morrismuseum.org/studio-art
- To ensure a seat, and that classes will not be canceled due to low enrollment, registrations should be received no later than 1 week prior to the course start date. After that time, prospective registrants must call the Studio Art Coordinator at 973.971.3710 at least 24 hours beforehand to check availability.
- Morris Museum reserves the right to cancel any class before the start date. If for any reason a course is canceled, all registrants will be notified a week prior to the start of the course.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to the start of the course date to confirm your registration unless special arrangements with the Studio Coordinator have been made.
- Prorating is not available
- Payment will not be processed until after the course start date.
- Select classes will have an additional supply fee to be paid to the instructor upon arriving at the first class.
- If you wish to cancel your registration, the Studio Coordinator must be notified at least 1 week prior to the start date. Payments on cancellations after that date will not be refunded.
- Check made payable to Morris Museum 6 Normandy Heights Road Morristown, NJ 07960 Attn: Studio Art
- Credit Card (Visa, Amex, Discover, MasterCard)
- Gift certificates are available in any denomination and can be applied to a course of the recipient’s choosing.
- Gift certificates expire 12 months after the purchase date.
- Classes that are canceled due to holidays, instructor absence, inclement weather or other circumstances will be made up at the end of the quarter and coordinated by the instructor.
- Students who miss class on their own accountability, will not be issued a refund unless special arrangements have been made with the Studio Coordinator in advance.
- Please visit morrismuseum.org or call the front desk at 973.971.3700 by 8:00 AM and throughout the day for delayed openings and closing announcements due to inclement weather.
- The Morris Museum is not responsible for artwork or property left on the premises, and has no liability if a property is lost, stolen, or damaged, with the exception of displayed exhibitions.
- If an item has been left behind, please call the front desk at 973.971.3700. Students are also welcome to check the Museum’s Lost & Found area, located in the entrance pavilion.
- Any artwork left at the museum at the end of the quarter will be discarded.
- The Museum does not have available space for artwork and personal supplies to be stored during the quarter, therefore, students are responsible for transporting their materials to and from class.
Monday: Closed (select courses run on Monday mornings and afternoons)
Sunday: 12:00-5:00 pm
*The Museum is open from 11:00am – 8:00pm on the second and third Thursday of each month.
- Students may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to the course start time to set-up.
- All students must sign in and out at the front desk upon arriving and leaving.
- Due to other scheduled events, students must leave the classroom immediately after class.
- Class location may change throughout the course duration.
- Students are responsible for set up and clean up of their materials unless special arrangements have been made between the instructor and Studio Coordinator.
- Borrowed supplies are limited to easels, clipboards, rulers, paint brushes, and water cups. If materials outside of those listed are needed, please alert your instructor to call the Studio Coordinator at 973.971.3710. Please be aware, that not all requested items may be available, therefore, students are advised to bring all necessary materials with them to and from class.
- Guardians must accompany students in and out of the building for drop-off and pick up.
- Instructors will accompany students to the entrance pavilion for pickup. Guardians are to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the course’s scheduled end time.
- The guardian must alert the instructor and Studio Coordinator in advance for early pick-ups and if the child is being picked up by someone other than the drop-off guardian.
CALL FOR INSTRUCTORS
The Morris Museum is seeking to expand its studio art program and is currently accepting proposals from qualified instructors of diverse mediums to teach future courses for children, teens, and adults.
Proposals should include:
CV and cover letter
3-5 examples of work
Type of medium/class you would like to teach
Times of year you are available/course availability (morning, afternoon, weekend, weekdays)
A brief description of any previous course(s): days/week, length of course(s), how many students, etc.
Age group(s) you would like to teach
Facility requirements, if any (example: kiln)
Examples of student work, if applicable
Link to website, if applicable
Please send proposal material as (1) PDF file to Colleen Haapaoja at [email protected] with “Call for Instructors” in the subject line.