Special Programs for Families
Enjoy a variety of special programs and events, all designed for families, covering science, music, art and more!
Get details for:
Vacation Day Workshops
Thursday, November 8 and Friday, November 9, 2018
Enjoy two days of fun at the Museum!
- Visit all of our galleries including Trumpets, Weird, and Wonderful: Treasures from the National Music Museum.
- Make a fun craft each day (12:00PM – 2:00PM).
- Enjoy science demonstrations in BASF’s Kids’ Lab. (12:00PM – 2:00PM
- Attend Children’s Theatre at 11:00AM or 1:30PM each day. Learn more.
- Engage in Touch the Music special hands-on workshops to learn all about trumpets and other brass instruments.Touch the Music Workshops
10:30AM and 11:30AM
For children ages 5 – 10.
FREE with Museum Admission.
Advance registration is required.
Guinness Collection of Mechanical Musical Instruments and Automata
Every Tuesday – Sunday, 2:00PM
Join us in the galleries for a historical overview and live demonstration of some of the mechanical musical instruments and automata from the Museum’s Murtogh D. Guinness Collection.
This custom designed, 4300 sq.ft. permanent exhibit features 150 superb examples of early mechanical musical entertainment. From precious smalls that can fit in the palm of your hand, to the huge 9 foot tall European Dance Hall Orchestrion.